Wendy’s Chili Recipe
The chili that’s hot, hot, HOT!!
- 2 lbs (or approx 1kg) ground beef
- 2 x 29 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 x 29 oz can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 x 29 oz can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 x 12 oz can tomato paste
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup green chilies, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (or more, if you like it spicier!)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper (freshly ground, if possible)
In a large pan over medium - high heat, heat the olive oil.
Add in the ground beef and brown for a few minutes.
While the beef is cooking, make sure you crumble it with the back of a large cooking spoon or a fork so that there aren't any lumps.
Into a large pot, add the ground beef and all the other ingredients.
Reduce the heat.
Simmer for 2.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
Serves: 4 hungry adults